Saturday, September 10, 2005

Ah, a blessed pair of days off coming up. I've had one day off since the Tuesday before the storm (which was a Monday).
My place has been condemned, so I need to pack, basically, and if I have time find a place to live so I don't end up in a trailer park. My car is dying. I need to get on line at the bank for money too. Ah, a relaxing couple of days.
Although Mike did just call to say he had found steaks and cases of budweiser. Yes, please, I said.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the countless out-of-staters who have come to help in fire, polcie and rescue. Florida, Texas, Indiana, Alabama, Georgia are here in force giving are local boys a much needed few days off to go home and repair themselves, their families and, if they are lucky, their homes.
Ich habe auch zwei Oesterreichern latzten woche kennengelernt, die gerade aus Wien zu helfen angekommen sind. Ich will ihr danken, weil die zwei haben selbstbezahlt um hier zu kommen. Ich danke euch, ADRAT. (Austrian Disaster Research and Assistance Team. www.adrat.org)
Finally, I want to thank John and Chris, two retired FDNY guys who worked 9/11 and are now here helping with the Red Cross. It made me teary to see a pair of New York's Bravest helping out. (article in tomorrow's SunHerald).

5 Comments:

Blogger Josh Norman said...

Merci que vous avez penser sur nous. Apres quelque temp, ils-y-r-a las chance pour aider nous deux. au moment, si vous donez l'argent a la Croisse Rouge de Amerique, ca va aider le gens de Mississippi. Merci Juliette et les gens de France qui pense a nous! (And please excuse my bad French)

2:02 PM  
Blogger M said...

Even if filtered through a tv screen,it´s hard to absorb all these chaotic imagery.I´ve never crossed the ocean,but New Orleans always felt close,for some strange reason..We´ve given our scarce contribute to red cross here in Portugal,but maybe with some more help things can begin to change..Know that our thoughts are with you,and your land.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna say enjoy your day off, but that seems stupid. Let me say, I hope your day off is a positive break from your current situation.
And thank you for this blog. I have been a reader from day 2. This is amazing work.
You're in my prayers.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Hi Josh,
Maybe we are distant relatives. I'm a Norman too. I found your blog looking for pics of Biloxi. I'll be heading there next Thursday with my d.h. and some other church folk from here in Wisconsin. (Nope, not Baptist, but I'm glad they are there in force. ;-) ) We'll be working with Convoy of Hope. I'm so sorry for all that has happened. And sorry about the Spam too. Uck. Well, if I could I'd bring you a hot meal when I'm there.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Good luck darlin' and thanks for the blog.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home