Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sorry to flip to a more somber mood on this blog, but I must to explain my absence. About a month ago my editors asked to me write about the Katrina dead in South Mississippi, all of them, in whichever way I saw fit.
Needless to say, that's occupied my time recently.
When the series is published in our paper, I'll either post links to it or simply run it in its entirety here along with comments on the reporting of the story and other tidbits I couldn't run.
It's funny, but talking about the dead is something we only touched on briefly at the beginning of this blog. Truth be told, the dead won't have as much of an impact on Gulf Coast society as the destruction will, but to lose their stories to time and apathy is to have failed them.
So I apologize again for the change in tone, but I do not regret it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joshua:
I hadn't checked your blog in weeks, but I thought to look at it this evening since you announced you had finished your stories. I had a feeling you might have come back to this today, and I'm glad.
You have done an amazing thing, and your readers will benefit. Can't wait to be one of them.
More than that: I am so proud of you.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Sarabeth said...

Every story has to be told. If it sounds a somber note, that's okay.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home