Sunday, August 28, 2005

We can't figure out how to allow Josh to post along with me. So till someone smarter than us, I mean braver, tells me how to do it, I'm going to paste it in.

Josh Norman's message follows:

First off, I'd like to say that I am not dumb, but brave. Mike is dumb. And stoopid.
In all reality, I feel it is better to just not think too much about whether this is dumb or brave.
We have beer. We have beef jerky. We have Scrabble. Let's get it on.
Right now, it is lightly raining and dark.
Gulfport's Fire Chief, Pat Sullivan, stopped by earlier to drop off some photos and ask if anyone wanted to go for a ride around 10 p.m. (To which I said, "Hell yeah!")
So another update will come then. Weather Service is predicting Tropical Storm force winds at about that time.
Oy, the computer guys just showed up with large plastic bags to cover all the computers and equipment. And an administrator just came through and made us sign liability waivers.
A guy at Knight-Ridder Washington also just told me over the phone that we may be the only reporters on the Coast.
And on to cheerier things...
I had a good lasagna for dinner made by the same administrator who asked me to sign the waiver. Not quite mom's lasagna, but yummy none-the-less.
A guy from production brought his acoustic bass earlier and I lugged my guitar down here, so we can rock it out hurricane-style later. If only I knew how to rock it out.

Photos soon to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home